2 medium zucchini, thinly sliced ( I used the 4.5 mm setting on the mandoline which equals 3/16″)
1 tbsp olive oil
For the Spice Blend
½ tsp chili powder
½ tsp coconut sugar
1 tsp sea salt
½ tbsp paprika
½ tsp black pepper
¼ tsp garlic powder
1. Preheat oven to 260 degrees Fahrenheit. Prepare 2 large baking sheets by lining with parchment paper.
2. Place sliced zucchini in a single layer on top of a layer of paper towels. Place another layer of paper towels on top of zucchini and press down hard to draw out moisture. This will allow the zucchini to bake quicker.
3. In a large bowl, toss zucchini with olive oil, and 1 teaspoon of spice blend. Store the remainder for future batches.
4. Place zucchini on prepared baking sheets in a single layer.
5. Bake for 1 hour, flip slices once and return to the oven.
6. Bake for another 30 minutes then check on the state of the chips. Remove any that look done; they should be browned and crisp. For the remaining chips, bake in 10 minute increments, watching carefully not to burn them.
7. Remove from oven, spread on a paper towel to cool, and sprinkle additional seasoning if necessary. (courtesy of http://bit.ly/1B9YJZJ)