1 medium sweet potato, diced
1 small bunch kale, stems removed, chopped
1 Cup cooked quinoa
1/2 Cup cooked lentils
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon of your favorite herb blend (rosemary, basil, thyme, etc)
1 small avocado, or 1/4 Cup hummus
2 brown rice tortillas
1. In a large sauce pan fitted with a steamer basket, arrange sweet potatoes. Steam, covered, over medium low heat for about 5 minutes. Add kale. Steam another 3 -5 minutes, or until sweet potatoes are soft and easily pierced with a fork. Set aside.
2. In a large bowl, combine remaining ingredients. Mix in kale and sweet potatoes. This is your filling.
3. Heat brown rice tortillas, one at a time, in a skillet, or toaster oven, just long enough for it to become warm and pliable, but not crispy or crunchy, about 2 to 3 minutes. Transfer to a cutting board or large plate.
4. Spread 1/2 of the avocado over the tortilla, smashing to distribute evenly. If desired, sprinkle with salt or spritz with lemon juice. Alternately, spread half of the hummus in the same manner. Or, if you really want to shake things up, use hummus and avocado!
5. Spoon about 1 cup of the filling near the bottom center of the tortilla, allowing about an inch from the edge. Fold the sides in, then roll tightly from the bottom up, pushing in any filling that tries to escape. With the flap facing down, cut the wrap on an angle.
6. Repeat the whole process with the second tortilla. Arrange on plates and serve. (courtesy of http://bit.ly/1Bx7Sce)