Chocolate and Pecan Tart
This Chocolate and Pecan Tart features all of our favorite holiday flavors.
* 3 cups graham cracker crumbs
* ¼ cup sugar
* ½ cup plus 3 tablespoons butter, melted and divided
* 1 (12-ounce) jar prepared hot caramel topping, divided
* 1½ cups dried cranberries
* 1½ cups chopped toasted pecans
* 1 cup crisp rice cereal
* 1 cup cocoa nibs
* 2 teaspoons ground chipotle pepper
* ½ teaspoon sea salt
* 4 (4-ounce) bars semisweet chocolate, chopped
* 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
* ¼ cup light corn syrup
* 3 cups pecan halves, toasted
1. Preheat oven to 350°. In a medium bowl, combine crumbs, sugar, and 1/2 cup butter. Press mixture into bottom and up sides of a (10-inch) deep-dish tart pan with removable bottom. Place tart pan on a rimmed baking sheet. Bake for 10 minutes. Remove from oven and let cool completely. Spread half of caramel topping onto crust. Freeze at least 20 minutes.
2. In a medium bowl, combine cranberries, chopped pecans, rice cereal, cocoa nibs, pepper, and salt; set aside. In a large bowl, add chocolate; set aside.
3. In a small saucepan, bring cream, syrup, and remaining 3 tablespoons butter to a boil over medium-high heat. Remove from heat, and pour hot cream over chocolate. Let mixture stand for 2 minutes; whisk until smooth.
4. Pour half of chocolate mixture into cranberry mixture, and stir to combine. Place cranberry mixture into prepared crust, pressing down lightly with your hands. Freeze at least 20 minutes. Pour remaining chocolate onto cranberry layer. Freeze until set, at least 20 minutes.
5. In a medium bowl, toss pecans with remaining caramel topping. Place pecan mixture onto tart. Serve at room temperature. Store covered at room temperature for up to 3 days.