This fudgy brownie pudding cake makes its own chocolate sauce as it bakes in the slow-cooker. For an over-the-top dessert, top with a scoop of ice cream, cherries, and whipped cream.
Using 1 tablespoon butter, generously butter a 4 -quart slow cooker.
In a medium bowl, whisk together the flour, ¾ cup sugar, 3 tablespoons cocoa, baking powder, and salt. Stir in milk, oil, and vanilla; stir until blended. Spoon the batter into the buttered slow-cooker.
In another bowl, whisk together the remaining ½ cup sugar, remaining ¼ cup cocoa, brown sugar, and the boiling water. Whisk until the sugar is dissolved, and then pour gently over the batter in the slow-cooker. Do not stir.
Cover the slow-cooker and bake on high for 2 to 2½ hours or until the top is set. Unplug the slow-cooker and let stand for 30 minutes.
To serve, spoon the warm brownie pudding and sauce into individual dishes and top, if desired with whipped cream, a cherry, and ice cream.
* 1 Tablespoon unsalted butter
* 1 Cup flour
* 3/4 Cups plus one half cup sugar, divided
* 3 Tablespoons plus one fourth cup unsweetened cocoa powder
* 1 1/2 Teaspoon baking powder
* Dash of salt
* 1/2 Cup milk
* 2 Tablespoons vegetable oil
* 1 Teaspoon vanilla
* 1/2 Cup packed brown sugar
* 1 1/2 Cup boiling water
* Whipped cream, for serving (optional)
* Cherry, for garnish (optional)
* Vanilla ice cream, for serving (optional)